1st off, I just wana brag about how proud of me I am. I don’t really stick to things (fickle is a word that has been used to describe me) and im actually doing it! Yay! But I want it to get more intense. I do NOT want to be a surface Christian, but I secretly don’t want to go digging around in my past either. But you have to if you want a different future.. or something like that. So, today while I was “cleaning” my room, I found something I wrote my freshmen year of highschool. It was my “GAME PLAN”. I wrote a list of rules that I intended to follow down in pink ink. Here are the rules:
- Always keep your cool, no matter what. (broke that one today at work..)
- Never fix ones appearance in public. (Clearly I was reading Jane Austen back then..)
- Always be clean and tidy.
- Always be prepared.
- Never speak bad of someone.
- Keep emotions to a minimal. (yeahhhh….)
- Always smile. : D
- Present yourself with a certain elegance.
- Always say ‘hello’ never ‘hey’.
- Look wonderful, no matter what you do.
- Act pleasantly when talking.
- Hearts and flowers must be doodled. (oh my.)
- Keep up with school work.
- Become and idol in someones eyes. (I hope I meant role model)
- Read a book every night to become smart.
- You may talk to boys, but they musant get in the way! (yes, the ‘!’ was written.)
- Never sulk in the shadows.
- Stay on best behavior. You never know who’s watching.
- Never sleep in class…even math. (oh how i hate math)
- Help others always, no matter what.
- Must be bilingual. Speak great french! (that didn’t happen..)
- Follow these rules with EXTREME caution, if not followed correctly, some may think you are stuck up.
These are the rules I wrote. Did I follow them? Most. I have tried to live by the rules I set for myself because I watched other people and only wanted the best parts of them in me. So I created this list to know. But there is one that I feel bad that I didn’t follow. That is NOT don’t sleep in math class. I don’t like math and praise Jesus that I don’t have to take any more math classes for the rest of my life!!!! The one thing is speaking french. I learned spanish AND french, yet cannot speak either. I find this very depressing. I will work to try to change that. I want to be able to have a full conversation in one or both of those languages before I turn 21. (Which is in september.) I wish to be a fulfilled person, and I will do it if it kills me!
Dear Lord, in acts you gave the gift of tongues. I just ask that as I try to learn 2 new languages that you give me a small variation of that gift. Lord, I know you can do all things and I can do all things THROUGH you. So I am putting my faith in you. Someone once said ‘do something so impossible that it would be doomed to failure without God.’ Lord, let this be it for me. God I love you and everything you are doing. Its in your Sons name I pray. Amen.