For those of us who have been blogging for some time, it can seem like an easy process. You know the ins and outs of your own blog site and can create posts like a professional. Though it might not always seem professional. There are some things that you might need to know about blogs if you have thought to create one.
People really do enjoy humor. Comedies are the most sought after films, and there is a valid reason for it. People love to laugh. There is a movie called “Who Framed Roger Rabbit” where Roger Rabbit says “That’s right! A laugh can be a very powerful thing. Why, sometimes in life, it’s the only weapon we have.”
It may not seem like a big deal, but if someone laughs, they will remember you (or your blog) and go back, maybe even tell people. And isn’t that the point of a blog, to have everyone read what you write and enjoy it? Yeah, me too.
Through my long years of writing and all of the Pulitzers that I have received, I have compiled some tips for writing a blog, and letting people enjoy it (hopefully) or just yourself. Make sure that you are happy, because if your not happy on your own, then you might never be.
- Write about things that matter to YOU. If you don’t care, how are you going to try to connivence someone else to?
- ALWAYS edit. I don’t think I can over emphasize this. Grammar matters. Check out Grammar Girl to learn if you don’t get it.
- People like pretty things. Make your blog look cool and people will give it a second look. Once you get that, your in.
- Don’t use clichés. The only exception is if you are literally living in the middle of the boon docks and that is honestly how you talk in real life.
- Use your voice. People will get it. You are absolutely unique people will appreciate that. Use it.
- Don’t use the same format for every post. You can use lists or paragraphs. Use them all!
- Use comments to your advantage. If you comment on others blogs, they might do the same. Voila! Networking.
- Use links. Its super helpful and makes your blog more exciting.
- Don’t be afraid to just write. Sometimes you just need to get everything out, and nothing is wrong with writing. Use it to your advantage.
- Please don’t use your blog to gossip about other people. Your entire world does not need to be put online. Know this.
With these tips, be the best blogger you can be. Feel free and don’t get hampered by all the random things that people expect.